Tuesday, March 11, 2008

That Girl with guest star Murray Roman (1967) - Footage Offline - 1/14/09

Counterculture comedian Murray Roman made only a handful of appearances on television outside of The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. He appeared in an episode of The Monkees, an episode of Batman and an episode of That Girl. He took that TV money and bought a lot of reefer and LSD. Murray Roman was a fascinating character who released the most experimental comedy LPs of all time. I was quite pleased with the cast of characters I had a chance to interview for my article The Forgotten Murray Roman, which I vainly encourage you to read, if you haven't already. Of course, I don't mind if you bypass the article for the transcripts of the interviews themselves (I feel like I am making grammatical errors here, but I'm not sure):

Tom Smothers on Murray Roman
Steve Martin on Murray Roman
Bob Einstein on Murray Roman
Mason Williams on Murray Roman

Murray is the horn-rimmed sporting bowling alley employee. This episode also features a brief appearance from a young Rob Reiner who joined Murray shortly after this as a writer on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how dare you insinuate my DAD spent the money he'd earned on "reefer" and"lsd"! You don't know wtf you're talking about, get a life!